Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Day 55 - Mama Cass (Elliot) - Make Your Own Kind of Music

DAY 55
Mama Cass (Elliot) – “Make Your Own Kind of Music”
From Make Your Own Kind of Music




Mama Cass. What an amazing woman.

Cass is probably one of the most influential ladies in music history, in my opinion. Not only was she more talented than just about any other female singer I can think of, but this lady had confidence, charm, and all the ingredients of a star.

Regardless of any challenges she may have faced with her physical appearance, Mama Cass MADE people listen because she was just THAT talented, she was so damn good people did not care, she had a great voice and she was a great performer.

There are so many of her songs that are my favorites, but this one is definitely my #1. The lyrics are so hopeful for those of us who have dreamed of making it big in “the business. When I hear it I am so inspired to press on and continue to try and live my dreams. I think, “Cass made it, and she is encouraging us all to keep trying even though she has passed away…” Seems silly but it still rings true for me even today.


“Nobody can tell ya
There's only one song worth singing
They may try and sell ya
Cause it hangs them up
To see someone like you

You gotta make your own kind of music
Sing your own special song
Make your own kind music
Even if nobody else sings along”


Those are powerful lyrics. What a gal.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

1 comment:

Rachael Layne said...

I could not agree more! (Obviously.) She was the queen! :) Thanks for the comment!