Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day 104 - Merril Bainbridge - Song for Neen/Sleeping Dogs

DAY 104
Merril Bainbridge – "Song for Neen/Sleeping Dogs”
From "The Garden"




Technically this is a 2 song choice, however, you really can not really listen to one without the other because on the album they run together.

The lyrics are the typical sweet and pretty style I have come to expect from Merril Bainbridge, but in the “2nd half” of the song, (Sleeping Dogs), I love the way she references “I Started A Joke” by The Bee Gee’s during the song’s chorus as well. It was unexpected and it fit so well. She kinda gave it a punky/poppy vibe which was very cool.

All in all just a very fun and energetic couple of tunes that I love!!!

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)

No comments: