Thursday, March 29, 2007

Day 135 - Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You

DAY 135
Dolly Parton – "I Will Always Love You”
From "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas - Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack"




This was one of my Mom's favorite songs when I was little. She really loves Dolly's music. My Mom would sing to this song and it brings back great memories.

I enjoy Dolly's original version of this song far more than any remakes or covers. It depicts raw, human, vulnerable emotion. It is just a genuine performance of words that really meant something to her and words that people can really relate to.

Dolly may have certain parts of her public persona that are a joke, but her song writing ability is certainly not one of them.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: