Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 179 - Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me

DAY 179
Bonnie Raitt – "I Can't Make You Love Me”
From "Luck of the Draw"




This song came on in the grocery store tonight when Glenn and I were walking around doing the dreaded and always procrastinated trip to buy food. (We always put it off until we just about can't put it off anymore.)

This song is so powerful to me. It rings so true to the broken hearted. When you want to be wanted so bad, but you know the feeling is not mutual. That is probably one of the most insanely difficult realizations I think a person can ever experience. When your love is so true and sure, and the other person is not "there" with you.

The arrangement is so beautiful and Bonnie's voice is so clear and genuine. She is one amazing vocalist and songwriter.

This YouTube video is an exceptionally fabulous live performance of the song.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: