Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Day 353 - Dan Fogelberg - Leader of the Band

DAY 353
Dan Fogelberg – "Leader of the Band”
From "The Innocent Age"




I was only 4 years old when this album was released which I think is just so magical. I love how music stretches through to so many generations. It really is quite amazing. Immortality through music. Beautiful.

I was blown away when I was looking through my past song picks and found this song missing. This song could easily make it into my top 10 favorite songs for very personal reasons. Dan wrote this song in tribute to his father, but "Leader of the Band" has kind of been a special song for my family as we are all somewhat musically inclined. My Grandfather was the root of our musical passion. And my father is very musically inspired as well. That love and passion has passed down to me and my siblings and I am sure will live on to some extent in the generations to come.

Which is why our story fits so well with the story in the song. My parents and grandparents have affected me and my siblings through music that will live on through us until we die. I only hope that I will leave some of the younger generation some of that same love and passion for music as it has and always will be my safe place... my therapy.

"Leader of the Band" is a very touching and glorious song. It truly touches my heart.

Feel free to enjoy this tribute video to Dan Fogelberg on YouTube featuring the studio version of "Leader of the Band."

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Max chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Susana chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Go see what William chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: