Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day 16 - Tiny Robots - Mountain Home

DAY 16
Tiny Robots – “Mountain Home”
From Tiny Robots




Today’s choice is one of my favorite bands that is made up of 3 of the most amazing people on the face of the Earth.

Erin Lyman: vocals/accordion
Sam Douglass: guitars/keys/vocals
Ken Mahru: drums/keys

What an amazing trio! Glenn introduced me to Tiny Robots.

The first time I heard Erin’s voice I was addicted! I thought it was Julianna Hatfield at first.

Erin is a GODDESS! I have always said that and will always say that. Sam is such a talented song writer and musician. He is so soft spoken but this man is a rock star. Ken is... well... KEN, what more can I say?!?! (see day 8’s selection. I go on and on.)

Having the pleasure of meeting Erin and Sam for the first time in August 2006 at Song Fight Live in Santa Cruz, CA., was such a treat! I had met Ken before a few times and he is just as amazing, (again, see Day 8’s selection.), and it was GREAT to reunite with him in Santa Cruz as well.

This specific song features a lot of my favorite style’s and sounds that are created in Tiny Robots. Genuinely GREAT music by genuinely GREAT people.

THAT my friends is what making music is all about… honesty and making music because you love it and would do it for free forever because you can’t live without it.

These are the people I crave to have in my life forever.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: