Sunday, November 26, 2006

Day 21 - The Clash - Train In Vain

DAY 21
The Clash– “Train In Vain”
From London Calling




I can’t believe I have not picked this song yet… I am probably going to be saying that a lot over the years. *LOL*

This is probably my favorite song by The Clash. So much so that if you call me on my cell phone this is one of my ring back tones!

This song tickles me in that the lyrics are really about a failed relationship and trying to bounce back, but the music is so upbeat, fun, and danceable! It totally “clashes” between the music and the meaning… never thought of that before. How appropriate!

The whole album London Calling is, obviously, an amazing piece of art as a whole, but this song has always stood out among the other tracks to me.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: