Saturday, November 25, 2006

Day 20 - Peter Frampton - Baby I Love Your Way

DAY 20
Peter Frampton– “Baby I Love Your Way”
From Frampton




So today’s selection is very special to me as today is a very special day. And it only seemed natural to pick this song as it has been running through my head all day long..

You see today is my and Glenn’s 11th wedding anniversary. And this song, Baby I Love Your Way by Peter Frampton, is our song.

There are so many wonderful memories I can think of associated with this song… Glenn and I spontaneously dancing when we hear it come on the radio… harassing our good friend and DJ, Terry Holiday (R.I.P.), and asking him to play and dedicate this song to each other all the time especially in the beginning of our marriage… having our good friends Monte and Doug try to play this song especially for us one evening at The Shore Lounge in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, even though they had never really tried to play the song together… lots of fun memories.

It is so neat to me that a song that was created before I was born could speak to my musical and emotional senses so much. That is what I love about music, it is timeless...

Glenn and I had such a nice anniversary. No special plans, just window shopped and then made an unexpected but fun purchase of anniversary gifts for each other. Glenn bought me my first guitar to start learning on. A beautiful plum color acoustic/electric Ibanez. And for him I purchased a burgundy/red Ovation acoustic/electric guitar. They were both on AMAZING specials and so it was a deal we could not pass up…

So now we will really be able to make beautiful music TOGETHER! (Once I get better on it, that is…)

So happy anniversary my sweet! I look forward to many many more happy anniversaries with you.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: