Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 8 - ken's super duper band 'n stuff - Sounds of Chrysler

DAY 8
ken's super duper band 'n stuff – “Sounds of Chrysler”
From "Notes of Hope: A Benefit for Brian & Alex" CD




My choice today is one of my favorite songs of all time that was written and performed by a very close friend of mine. Ken IS the one and only original and consistant member of ken’s super duper band ‘n stuff. He is not only one of the sweetest, most generous, kind, and fun people I have had the great fortune of meeting and knowing, but he is also one of the most talented musician/singer/songwriters I know as well. Ken is all about being honest and genuine which shines through in all of his music and makes you want to be his friend.

Sounds of Chrysler will always stick out for me because the first time I heard it I HAD to hear it over and over again. It is an easy to relate to song as we have all “been there” in one form or another. I love the use of the original Chrysler car voice too as Glenn and I used to own a 1987 Chrysler New Yorker that had the voice box in it... It reminds me of those days... “A door is ajar”... “Your fuel is low”... “Your headlights are on”... “Your oil pressure is low, prompt service is required.” We thought that was a pretty snazzy feature a decade ago! We got lots of laughs from it for sure!

Sounds of Chrysler is a very therapeutic song for me. One of those songs that is awesome to just drive around and listen to. Love it.




Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: