Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 40 - Babes In Toyland - Handsome And Gretel

DAY 40
Babes In Toyland– “Handsome And Gretel”
From Fontanelle




So I am skipping around a bit in my genres, but let’s face it, deep down I am a rocker chick.

One of the bands that most inspired me starting around age 16 was Babes In Toyland. I had the pleasure of seeing them live opening for White Zombie in the summer of 1995. It was a GREAT show. Sure, you had your major ass wipes giving them hell, telling them to raise their skirts and all kinds of immature garbage like that, but these ladies rocked on… the more they were taunted the harder they rocked. They were absolutely amazing. I was very impressed.

This song in particular struck a chord with me due to the sheer vulgarity in the lyrical content. I loved how nasty it is! Not because I am fond of being vulgar exactly, but these were GIRLS talking about stuff that was stereo-typically taboo.

Yeeeeah… they kind blew those stereo-types down and stomped the hell outta them with this song.

It rocks hard, it is unapologetic, and I love it!

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: