Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 49 - Jimi Hendrix - Angel

DAY 49
Jimi Hendrix– “Angel”
From Cry of Love




Today I am choosing a Jimi Hendrix song Glenn introduced me to when we first started dating. Angel is an amazing song. Musically, lyrically, vocally… it just grabs your attention and holds it.

This song has an amazing groove and a rougher edge of soul.

Obviously Jimi was one of the great innovative guitarists and performers of classic rock, but I love this softer more soulful side to him as well.

My favorite lyric in the song is:


Angel came down
From heaven yesterday,
Stayed with me just long enough
To rescue me....

And she told me a story yesterday;
About the sweet love
Between the moon and the deep blue sea.

Then she spread her wings high over me.
She said, I’ll come back again to see you tomorrow....


Good stuff…


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: