Monday, January 08, 2007

Day 61 - The Meat Puppets - Station

DAY 61
The Meat Puppets – “Station”
From Too High To Die




This is a song I used to listen to on a daily basis. I bought this CD rather randomly. I had never heard The Meat Puppets, but I liked the CD cover art. *LOL* I did that a lot as a teenager. I lived in the country and the nearest place that sold CD’s was an hour away, (outside of Rusty’s Records, which was about 20 minutes away, but sadly his shop was not long for our area), so I became a Columbia House and BMG Music addict. I ordered so many of my CD’s through those mail away offers it was ridiculous.

But I discovered a lot of cool music that way.

“Station” was definitely my favorite track off of this album. It is purely silly, and another one of those songs that is perfect because of the imperfections. The arrangement is so creative and totally unique. I had never heard anything like it. I have heard few songs I could even compare it to even now.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: