Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day 109 - Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Let It Ride

DAY 109
Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) – "Let It Ride”
From "Bachman-Turner Overdrive II"




So I am getting down to the wire and I wanted to pick a song, and Glenn says to me, "I so have your song of the day picked out."

So yeah, he was right. He knows my soft spot for Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO.) My Dad raised us on bands like BTO! And BTO is one of my Dad's all time favorites. I remember Dad telling me about the time he went to see BTO in concert and some no name band was opening up for them... yeah... the no name band.... was Aerosmith! *LOL* Great stories and good times.

These albums were great because of the simplicity. Glenn and I were just chatting about this. It was common for bands to put no more than 8 songs on a record. So it was short enough that fans would play the songs over and over again and that is ultimately how those songs became classics... legends even!

Brilliance really...

I am sure this will not be the last time BTO lands on my top 10,000 list. "Let It Ride" has such an AWESOME driving beat and just begs to be rocked out to. The powerful vocals and amazing music just solidifies this song as a main staple in rock history.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)

No comments: