Friday, February 09, 2007

Day 92 - Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er

DAY 92
Led Zeppelin –“D’yer Mak’er”
From Houses of the Holy




D’yer Mak’er by Led Zeppelin is such a fun song to listen to, again this is yet another song I have to dance and groove to when I hear it come on.

Of all of Led Zeppelin’s material this is probably one of the most upbeat sounding of all of them.

My Mom actually turned me on to this song as a young child. And though I do love a lot of different Zeppelin tunes, this one would rank in my top 5 for sure! The lyrics are so simple and there is truly not much to them, but all the Oh’s and Ah’s are placed just right to make this an incredibly fun song!

Apparently Zep was actually going for a reggae vibe when they recorded this song which I think they achieved quite nicely.

Another fun bit of trivia is how the song title is actually pronounced as “Jer-maker”


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: