Sunday, February 11, 2007

Day 94 - Gwen Stefani featuring Akon - The Sweet Escape

DAY 94
Gwen Stefani featuring Akon–"The Sweet Escape”
From The Sweet Escape




I have to admit I was really geared up to not like this new Gwen Stefani album in any way, shape, or form. Seems silly to prepare yourself to really not like an artist, but Gwen has put out some semi-questionable songs as of late in my opinion.

I was a huge No Doubt fan in truth and it is not really that I don’t like the sound so much, because I am not apposed to artists trying different things so much as I question the image thing I guess. So much of the publicity seems so purposeful and gimmicky that I sometimes feel like Gwen is losing her edge. She is a gorgeous lady without question, but I think her talent and beauty can be seen without all the added bells and whistles and skin. Just my opinion… getting off my soap box now…

On to the song. This song,“The Sweet Escape", caught my attention right away. It has a “do wop” vibe and it is just cutesy and super fun. The “WooHoo’s” added in by Akon are really fun as well. It is just a feel good kind of tune that I dig.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: