Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day 119 - The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun

DAY 119
The Beatles – "Happiness Is A Warm Gun”
From "The White Album"




This Beatles track is most certainly one of my ultimate all time favorites. I adore The White Album as a whole, but for me this track really stands out.

It starts out so mellow and thoughtful and as it starts picking up momentum you just become more intrigued with the story, and then the electric guitar kicks in and just blows your mind! The transitions in this song are just fantastic. Any song that can go from a mellow acoustic vibe, to rock, to almost a motown-ish sound and hold it all together is very impressive.

The sexual undertones are pretty hot too. ;)

So though I have MANY favorites from The Beatles, this song would have to be in my top 5 by them.

To hear the song and see some cool pics of The Beatles strung along to the music on YouTube click here.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)

No comments: