Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 193 - Jim Croce - Lover's Cross

DAY 193
Jim Croce – "Lover's Cross”
From "I Got A Name"




This is one of the most beautiful Jim Croce songs in his catalog of material. I was not as familiar with this track until Glenn decided to learn it and played it for me one warm summer day out at my folks place.

The lyrics, like many of Croce's songs, are absolutely engaging...

"But I hope that you can find another
Who can take what I could not
He'll have to be a super guy
Or maybe a super god
'Cause I never was much of a martyr before
And I ain't 'bout to start nothin' new
And baby I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you"


Very powerful...

Here is a VERY stellar live performance of Jim Croce performing this beautiful song.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: