Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 221 - Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

DAY 221
Plain White T's – "Hey There Delilah”
From "Hey There Delilah"




So I missed a couple days in a row for the first time. In truth I have hardly been out of bed the last few days as I have had a horrible head cold. Head cold + raised temperature + 95-100 degree temps outside = one REALLY sick Rachael.

I even missed work today because I still felt so awful. I hate summer colds...

But on with the song choice which I love. Glenn and I both fell in love with this song right away actually... I heard it on the radio first so I was actually familiar with it before Glenn had heard it.

We were impressed with the fact that the CD only costs $6! That is pretty cool... Granted there are not a whole bunch of songs on the CD, but it works as an album for sure.

I would have to say this was a smart choice to release first as this is an exceptionally great song and, for me, the shining moment on the album as well. It tells a wonderful story, it talks about love, and time, and patience, and dreams... it has so many charming elements...

The writing style is so relatable and the arrangement is so well crafted for such a simple song. Good stuff indeed.

Check out the video here!

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: