Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 225 - David Bowie - Space Oddity

DAY 225
David Bowie – "Space Oddity”
From: single release originally




"Space Oddity" is a song written and performed by David Bowie and released as a single in 1969. It is about the launch of Major Tom, a fictional astronaut who becomes lost in outer space. Supposedly released to coincide with the Apollo 11 moon landing, it appears on the album of the same title. The BBC featured the song in its television coverage of the lunar landing. -Excerpt from Wikipedia.

This song was one my Mom played a lot when I was a child... David Bowie was one of her favorites and in turn one of my favorite artists as well... not so much when I was younger, though I loved this particular song, but more recently I have come to better understand and enjoy his artistic vision and craft...

Check out the video here.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: