Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 224 - Skeeter Davis - The End of the World

DAY 224
Skeeter Davis – "The End of the World”
From: single release originally




This song has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid... Skeeter Davis has one of those voices that is enchanting and almost ethereal.

I was reminded of my love for this song when the movie "Girl Interrupted" came out. That is one of my favorite movies. Personal reasons... The scene where Brittany Murphy's character "Daisy" commits suicide is made very intense by the accompaniment of this song as back ground music.

My sister and I have fun singing this song together too. :)

Check out Skeeter singing this song on this YouTube clip.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: