Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Day 246 - Barbra Streisand -Stoney End

DAY 246
Barbra Streisand – "Stoney End”
From "Stoney End"




Glenn introduced me to this song a couple years ago and I fell in love with it instantly. I am not a huge Barbra fan, so shoot me. :P But she did a phenomenal job covering the song, originally written and performed by Laura Nyro.

You can listen to the song on this YouTube clip sung by Barbra.

Her passion in this song just rocks my world! Even in the spot near the end where she kinda goes a teeny bit out of whack it is charming because she is just feeling the song. You can tell she is just loving singing it... if she is not enjoying it she faked it well. :P

Laura Nyro sang the song with just as much passion but the arrangement is a little different. Check out this YouTube clip of Laura Nyro just to experience some of the beauty and talent of this singer/songwriter taken from the world all too soon.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: