Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 256 - Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around

DAY 256
Wet Wet Wet – "Love Is All Around”
From "Part One"




This is a great cover of The Troggs song, "Love Is All Around", by an awesome Scottish band.

Wet Wet Wet was pretty well known in the UK, but not as much here in the states. This song did pretty well for them over here. The video even got a decent amount of air time. This song appeared on the "Four Weddings & A Funeral" soundtrack.

I love his vocal on this song, I adore the use of the strings, they really did this song justice. What was originally composed as a sweet mellow pop ballad, was transposed into bigger more gigantically orchestrated piece of music. I really enjoy their interpretation.

It has been so rainy out here the last 2 days and I am LOVING it! This song came on in the car when Glenn and I were driving to the movies. I thought the band was fitting as it has been very wet wet wet here... hahaha :P (We went and saw "Superbad" tonight and it was funny. Like "Dazed and Confused" meets "American Pie" if it had been directed by Kevin Smith. That is my best description. Good stupid humor.)


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: