Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 400 - Billy Joel - You're My Home

DAY 400
Billy Joel - "You're My Home"
From "Piano Man"




I have been meaning to choose this song since July 28th and have just not felt like getting on here to type out why. I have heard this song many times, and it is a beautiful song. But it gained more meaning on July 28th because my husband recorded a version of it for me when I was having a sincerely crappy day at work because he wanted to cheer me up.

Now if that is not love I don't know what is...

Billy had written it for his 1st wife for their anniversary as he could not afford a gift. I think that is so sweet and romantic and far nicer than any material gift anyone could receive... (in my opinion. Give me a song or a flower any day over jewelry and stuff like that... :D)

So check out Billy's version here.

Check out my hubby's cover here if you like... I like.... :D

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Max chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Susana chose today
Go see what William chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

1 comment:

Miyagi said...

Hey Rachel! Congratulations for you post 400!! Keep letting us know good songs!!! Best regards!