Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 425 - Levi Weaver - Sick or Determined

DAY 425
Levi Weaver - "Sick or Determined"
From "You Are Never Close to Home, You Are Never Far From Home"




Every time this track comes on the Ipod I keep thinking I need to pick this song on my top 10K blog... and so, here I am finally doing so.

I had the pleasure of meeting Levi Weaver when he played a show here in Spokane at The Empyrean coffee house in April of 2008. My hubby opened up for him. :)

The lyrics to this song are so incredibly captivating and brilliant they truly speak for themselves as to why this song is so amazing. :)

There's nowhere to balance between sick & determined
The verdict will be determined by if you keep returning
Even if you're saying "No," at least you'll let me keep learning
Someday I will figure you out
If it takes all of my years I will figure you out someday

Your password on the Rubik's cube, encrypted in braille
And all it takes is common sense to see that I'm gonna fail
And I'll fail, and I'll fail, you're a complicated women
But someday I will figure you out
If it takes all of my years I will figure you out someday

And part of what it means to be a man is to believe in something grander than his hands can hold
And faith And love are evidence of something more than circumstance of work beneath the skin and bones
The logical, the monotone, I can't explain but still I know someday I will figure you out

There's no where to balance between sick & determined
The verdict will be determined by if you keep returning
Even if you're saying "No," at least I'm still learning
Someday I will figure you out
If it takes all of my years I will figure you out someday


Check it out on www.thesixtyone.com

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Max chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Susana chose today
Go see what William chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: