Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 12 - Ben Folds - The Luckiest

DAY 12
Ben Folds – “The Luckiest”
From Rockin’ The Suburbs




So Glenn brought this song up tonight, and it reminded me how much I love this song. I cry EVERY time because it really describes how I feel for my hubby… I have to post the lyrics because that explains the power of this simplistic song:

I don’t get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I’d been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I’d be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there’s an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I’m sorry, I know that’s a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest


The last verse is the one that gets me. Again that kind of love two people can share that is so strong the other could literally die from a broken heart.

This is why I always tell Glenn we have to go together. Neither of us want to think about living without the other.

Ben Folds is such an amazing song writer and performer. I would recommend that people listen to as much of his music catalogue as possible. The story telling is very fun and deep and the song structure and musical ability is among the very best in my opinion.



Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: