Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 13 - Lemonheads - Frank Mills

DAY 13
Lemonheads – “Frank Mills”
From It’s A Shame About Ray




My pick for today is a short but awesome song. I love the perfect imperfections of this track. Nothing really rhymes at all, but it is a very descriptive and cute story.

In truth the album It’s A Shame About Ray is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. I bought the CD when it was a brand new release and I was hooked. I can still, 14 years later, listen to that full album and love every minute of it. It is very “me” music.

There is something to be said for those fun short songs.


I met a boy called Frank Mills
On September twelfth right here
In front of the Waverly
But unfortunately
I lost his address
He was last seen with his friend,
A drummer, he resembles George Harrison of the Beatles
But he wears his hair
Tied in a small bow at the back
I love him but it embarrasses me
To walk down the street with him
He lives in Brooklyn somewhere
And wears this white crash helmet
He has gold chains on his leather jacket
And on the back are written the names
Mary
And Mom
And Hell's Angels
I would gratefully
Appreciate it if you see him tell him
I'm in the park with my girlfriend
And please
Tell him Angela and I
Don't want the two dollars back
Just him!


BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: