Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day 3 - Heart- Move On

DAY 3
Heart – “Move On”
From “Jupiter's Darling”




I am choosing Heart's Move On as my next choice as these ladies never cease to amaze me. First of all Anne Wilson is a living breathing goddess to me. This woman can rock just as hard if not harder than any man I know. I grew up on Heart. They have always been one of my favorite bands.

I first heard Move On at my first Heart concert, I believe in 2004, (just before the release of Jupiter's Darling which was in June of 2004.) Let me tell you, if there was ever a question of whether or not these ladies could still rock the stage, all doubts would have went out the window at that moment. Mike Inez played bass and Gilby Clark was sharing the guitar responsibilities with Nancy. Getting to hear that song live was such a rush... and a confirmation that these women have so much left to contribute to the history of rock and roll, and truly to their own legacy as one of the most amazing female bands/performers of all time. They did not call them Little Zeppelin for nothin'!

Move On is a true rock song. Straight forward. In truth I never pay as much attention to the lyrics on this one as I do the music. Anne's voice is so powerful, tight, and amazing you almost hear her as more of an instrument than a vocal.

She is my idol and what I strive to be as a lead vocalist myself.





Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

1 comment:

Rachael Layne said...

I MUST protest, it was 11:56pm on November 7th, 2006, when I actually posted this so I DO NOT count this as a missed day! DAMN THE LAG TIME! *LOL*