Wednesday, November 08, 2006

DAY 4
John Mayer – “Waiting On The World To Change”
From “Continuum”




So this may not seem very "Indie" of me.... and quite frankly I don't give a damn. :)

I ADORE this song. This is the kind of song my hubby, Glenn, refers to as a "Rachael Happy Song." The kind of song that I CAN NOT HELP but get up and start grooving to. At home, in the car, in the shower, wherever. This song just hits a happy button within me and I have to smile and dance or at least bob my head just a bit.

I do like the message in the song. Sure it may be a little obvious or whatever, but the song is really enjoyable and good.

It is funny, because I wanted SO BAD to like John Mayer when I heard his first album, but I just couldn't warm up to him. His song "Your Body Is A Wonderland" just rubbed me the wrong way. I loved the song but every time he sang "Your body is a wonderland..." I cringed. Just NOT my thing.

This newest album, "Continuum" is amazing though. I can put the CD in and listen to it front to back without the urge to switch to something else, which is a big deal for me.

I especially like in the CD liner notes how he says, "If you're reading this with an instrument in your lap - get to work, and deep in it. We all need you."

That is class.

I believe this young man has a lot to offer and is evolving into a legend should he make his decisions wisely.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: