Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 6 - White Zombie - Black Sunshine

DAY 6
White Zombie – “Black Sunshine”
From “La Sexorcisto”




I struggled between this track and Thunderkiss ’65, but ultimately this track won out over the other because of Rob Zombie’s super sexy speaking part at the beginning and at the end of the track. I am a weird girl. I think Rob Zombie is one of the hottest men on the planet, (2nd to my hubby, Glenn, of course!)

Black Sunshine speaks to my inner rocker chic. *LOL* Crunchy guitars, masculine vocals, KILLER bass line, and singing about a cool car! That is just HOT!

I had great times cruising around in my electric purple 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais blaring this album and feeling like a bad ass. Something about this style of music, and White Zombie/Rob Zombie specifically that makes me feel in control and hard core. Of any of my heavier style albums that I adore 9 times out of 10 I would pic a Zombie album first to listen to almost every time because they are my fav.

I really like how Zombie brought out this theatrical/industrial edge to the heavy chunkier metal. It is danceable and moshable!

Oddly enough, if I had heard the earlier White Zombie albums first I don’t think I would have been as big of fan… Some people think that is their best stuff, but La Sexorcisto catapulted them to stardom and to the top of my metal music list for sure.

Good stuff.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: