Sunday, December 03, 2006

Day 28 - Kathy Mattea - Where've You Been

DAY 28
Kathy Mattea – “Where've You Been”
From Willow In The Wind




Tonight’s pick is appropriate for many reasons.

I truly love this song. It always makes me cry. It never used to. It came out in 1989 and I was only 12.

What I did not know about life, love, happiness, and pain then I do know now. I have experienced enough to be able to whole heartedly relate to this song on every level possible. Of that I am confident.

For me, love and music are joined in the blessed and grotesque union that plays the soundtrack to my life. (If that makes sense.) If my life were a movie this song would play through the years when Glenn’s and my relationship became very real and concrete.

Even concrete relationships can crack and become unstable, but with some tender love, care, and hard work they can make it through.

Foundations can be rocked, but somehow, when it is worth it, we work together to salvage the strength and love that we know is there because we can’t go on without it.

There are relationships like the one I am in where your mate becomes as necessary as air. I wrote in one of my original compositions that “every breath you take it's me who really breathes.” And so the line in this song, “I’m just not myself when you’re away”, rings truer than ever for me.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: