Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Day 36 - Aimee Mann - Red Vines

DAY 36
Aimee Mann – “Red Vines”
From Bachelor No. 2




Skipped another day yesterday by accident... Well due to illness really... I did not feel well yesterday and have not felt great today... I fell asleep and woke up too late to get my entry in yesterday, so again we move on.

My song choice today is that of the amazingly talented Aimee Mann. Though I have many favorite songs by Aimee, on this album especially, this song is one of my absolute favorites.

The songwriting and, as I always seem to mention, the story telling, are just outstanding on this song. I also LOVE the harmonies. They are almost hypnotic.

Aimee may have been better known for the song “Voices Carry” back in the ‘80’s, but in my opinion, her more recent material far surpasses the ‘80’s era…

This song brings back nostalgic memories for me... it reminds me of a simpler time when my best friends and I would go out cruising in my electric purple 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais from Friday through Sunday morning... smoking cigarettes and literally munching on red vines, (funny enough), enjoying each other’s company, getting into minimal trouble, breaking minimal laws, ticketing police cars, drinking bad coffee at Denny's until the early hours of the morning, skinny dipping, ahhh... good times... good times...

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: