Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 80 - Shep & The Limelites - Daddy's Home

DAY 80
Shep & The Limelites –“Daddy’s Home”
From originally a single release/various compilation album releases




Glenn and I had one of those really great mornings. Sleeping in, snuggling in bed chatting and stuff. ;) Had some breakfast and some coffee and as usual we tried to get some chores done around the house. We HAVE to have music going pretty much 24/7 cuz that is just how we are, so Glenn set up the hard drive and set it to play on random through some of the billboard hits… this song came on and it just suited me so well today.

I am my mother’s daughter in that I am mesmerized by doo wop music. As much as I may love rock and folk music I have to admit the doo wop style has always intrigued me. I love the happy little tones they seem to have. Even on sad songs it sounds oddly happy.

This song of course is about a soldier returning from the war to the woman he loves and her having missed him terribly during his time away serving the country. That is pretty heavy and very romantic.

This song is just tight and precise in the harmonies and even though there is a tiny bit of a nasally lead vocal it really fits the song.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: