Sunday, January 28, 2007

Day 81 - Adam Sandler - Grow Old With You

DAY 81
Adam Sandler –“Grow Old With You”
From The Wedding Singer




So Glenn and I tried to go see some friends of ours play a show last night and about a half hour into the show I started feeling really sick and was having to deal with a lot of pain. So I asked Glenn if he would take me home and told him he could go back down to watch the rest of the show without me.

But my hubby being the sweet man that he is, put his night of entertainment and hanging out with friends aside to take care of me and make sure I was going to be alright.

His actions put me in mind of the song Adam Sadler he did in the movie The Wedding Singer. For any rough spots Glenn and I have ever had, we always seem to work things out one way or another, and when things get hard for one of us the other just automatically seems to kick into super protective care mode and takes care of business.

And I can see us growing old together and being each others support and greatest love of a lifetime. What we have is so rare and I cherish all of our quiet private times that no one else really sees or understands. Our relationship is so much deeper than just a marriage.

A funny note is the line in the song that says, “I’ll even let you hold the remote control.” That is a hilarious “game” between Glenn and I that I always have to have the remote and I always play at him that he is the remote thief. (Or ‘Mote thief! As I affectionately shriek at him when we are messing around.)

Good times even in bad times.

(Here is the clip from The Wedding Singer where Adam Sandler sings “Grow Old With You”)

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Hoffie chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what prayformojo chose today
Go see what Troy chose today

No comments: