Monday, March 05, 2007

Day 113 - White Lion - Blue Monday

DAY 113
White Lion – "Blue Monday”
From "Mane Attraction"




This is a rarity for me. I am choosing an instrumental song.

This song, "Blue Monday" by White Lion is such a gorgeous piece of work. I love the electric guitar parts where it really does sound like the guitar is not just weeping but wailing and even screaming sometimes.

The saddness that they portray through their musical instruments alone is mind blowing on this specific track.

A lot of people kind of brush White Lion off as just another hair band, (which admittedly, I love the hair bands, I can never deny that), however, they were very accomplished musicians with enormous amounts of depth.

Sadly I could not find a YouTube clip featuring this song, but if you poke around I am sure you can find it to at least listen to, and if you like electric guitar ballads I think this song might be right up your alley too.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)

No comments: