Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Day 114 - Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

DAY 114
Death Cab For Cutie – "I Will Follow You Into The Dark”
From "Plans"




I truly believe this band is one of the most talented and diverse of the "newer" bands I have heard. They can rock and write a good mellow tune as well.

This song is so beautiful and deep. I fell in love with it instantly and it completely suites my vibe tonight.

I had a rough day back at work... and I have felt unfortunately lost in thought about life, the universe, and everything. (I had to steal that phrase from Douglas Adams... but it is the best description I can think of at the moment.)

The lyrics to this song appear to describe a person contemplating life and death... love and sorrow... they kind of reach out to those of us who have so many questions about the purpose of life, death, and what is beyond this world. The what's and why's of day to day life.

So without getting too personal, this song is beautifully written, the vocals are soft and flawless, and I really enjoy the video as well. It is very artistic and thought provoking.

This is just an all around enjoyable acoustic song.

Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)

No comments: