Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 284 - Coldplay - Amsterdam

DAY 284
Coldplay – "Amsterdam”
From "A Rush of Blood to the Head"




So I just couldn't pick a song yesterday... I received some really awful news that has been weighing on my mind since yesterday afternoon... one of my friends committed suicide on Sunday.

I have had this happen within my family/friend circle before, but it is never easy to digest.

Just seeing my now deceased friend's wife come in and tell me that the love of her life is dead and by his own hands... it is just such a foreign concept. Not that I do not understand feelings and thoughts of suicide, I think all of us have entertained the thought of suicide at one time or another, just not as seriously as some people do.

A lot of people say it is a cowards way out, that it is selfish.... I don't necessarily believe that. I think a lot of the time people's minds become twisted and they get to this weird place where they just can't make a reasonable decision about things and they find suicide to be the best option as to not hurt those around them any more. Which to a reasonable mind seems crazy, because we love these people, flaws and all and it kills us to lose them. There is just no reason to the situation at all.

So this song is beautiful. It generates gentle and severe emotion. And it fits my mood and my thoughts tonight. (You can hear it and watch the video here if you like.)

So here is to my friend. I hope he has peace now...

Come on, my star is fading
And I swerve out of control
If i, if I’d only waited
I’d not be stuck here in this hole
Come here my star is fading
And I swerve out of control
And I swear I waited and waited
I’ve got to get out of this hole

But time is on your side
Its on your side now
Not pushing you down and all around
It’s no cause for concern

Come on, oh my star is fading
And I see no chance of release
And I know I’m dead on the surface
But I am screaming underneath

And time is on your side
Its on your side now
Not pushing you down
And all around, no
It’s no cause for concern

Stuck on the end of this ball and chain
And I’m on my way back down again
Stood on a bridge, tied to the noose
Sick to the stomach
You can say what you mean
But it won’t change a thing
I’m sick of the secrets
Stood on the edge, tied to a noose
You came along and you cut me loose
You came along and you cut me loose
You came along and you cut me loose.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Max chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Susana chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: