Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 342 - The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes

DAY 342
The Kinks – "Celluloid Heroes”
From "Everybody's in Showbiz"




My brother and I were chatting about this song this evening and I had not thought of it in a long time. I was actually introduced to this song by Joan Jett's cover on her album "The Hit List."

This is a really interesting take on fame and fortune and the perception of some choice celebrities who obtained stars on Hollywood Blvd.

The lyrics are orchestrated so amazingly. I love this version about as much as I love Joan Jett's version.

You can check out this live performance of The Kinks performing this song on YouTube if you like.


Go see what Andy chose today
Go see what Glenn chose today
Go see what Heuristics Inc. chose today
Go see what Max chose today
Go see what Niveous chose today
Go see what Roymond chose today
Go see what Susana chose today
Go see what Troy chose today
Go see what William chose today
Click here to see my song choices thus far (sorted by artist)
Click here to see the album covers of my choices so far.

No comments: